Happy start to the New Year everybody! I’m very happy to share my first 2017 post with you and tell you all about my plans for this year. I’m quite sure, like me, you also have come across the same dilemma: New Year’s resolutions, right?…
Usually we tend to write/plan a long list of ‘things to do’ that end up being hard for us to keep up with, so why not to think about it as if it was a short-term plan (e.g. 1 month) that suits your working schedule or daily routine? If you succeed in being constant, then extend it a little bit more and add something new to keep yourself motivated.
The resolutions or aspirations (as I like to call them) depend on what you are really looking to start or continue; either eating healthier, staying or being fit, travelling more, starting a blog, running a marathon, attain something in your personal or working environment or simply changing some habits in your lifestyle.
Of course I cannot tell you what to do specifically but I can definitely help by giving you some ideas based on the things I would like to achieve in 2017 personally 🙂
This year I want to focus constantly on my Well-being because I believe that being comfortable in my own body, being healthier and being happier is the key to overcome the stress you meet along the way, and if you feel good mentally and physically you can achieve good things in life. Therefore I have put a list of things I think will help me achieve this.
EXERCISE FREQUENTLY: When I exercise I feel good with myself, I feel strong and highly motivated. Not only that but also I sleep much better, my mood is up to the roof and I’m more productive. This year, I am dedicating 3 to 4 days a week to my body by doing the following:
- Going to the gym no matter what at least 3 days a week after work.
- Doing fitness at home with my top two Apps: 7 Minute Workout and Abs at least once a week.
- Going out for walks to the park or the beach over the weekend to simply clear out my mind and to connect with nature. If the weather is not too bad, maybe bringing Lana with me on the bicycle (she loves that).
CONSCIOUS EATING: For those who don’t know me, last year I took the decision of quitting meat and I became a Pescetarian. I eat fish, cheese and eggs. For me quitting meat was not a big deal and I wasn’t forced to do it. It has always been in the back of my mind and I am happily proud I finally did it! One day I’ll write all about it but for now, let me tell you what I want for this year:
- I will continue being a Pescetarian.
- Do the basics without forgetting them, such as drinking more water and eating more fruits (2 to 3 pieces daily). I know, doing this is very essential but there are times when I just forget as I get easily distracted. Pretty sure I’m not the only one 😊
- Continue loving, cooking and eating veggies of all kind. Also continue my passion for cheese and sushi (Yums!)
- Use the blender I bought a long time ago to PREPARE healthy smoothies and DRINK them. I will post photos 😉
TRAVEL MORE: New Year, New luggage! haha Why not?… One of the greatest things of living in Europe is the easiness of traveling anywhere you want for good prices. This year I want to discover new destinations, have new experiences and learn new cultures. So far the things I have in mind as top of my list for this year is:
- Going to the Exumas in the Bahamas to swim with these cute pigs. Imagine how nice this could be.
- I also want to continue traveling everywhere with my best partner in crime, my boyfriend. We always have fun together.
HAPPINESS: This one is the most important to me because I want to focus on what makes me happy. A while back on my birthday, I received a lovely and thoughtful gift from my boyfriend – a ‘Happiness Planner‘ which got me reflecting on the things that actually make me or can make me happy. Basically you have to ‘create a happiness roadmap’ and be able to work on it.
Here are a list of a few things I wrote down in my planner which are currently a work in progress:
- Being in touch with my family more often as I don’t get to see them much. I am constantly trying to FaceTime them at least twice a week. Family are very important and they play a big role into your happiness.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with my boyfriend/friends and enjoy every single moment to its maximum.
- Stop eating meat.
- Starting a blog (which I finally did!) so I would say, continue enjoying and working on it.
DETOX MY HOUSE: Yes! A house detox is always good for the household well-being and healthy lifestyle (My Boyfriend, My Cat and Myself). Last year I started replacing some of the toxic cleaning products I had with Eco-Friendly ones because these have less chemicals in them. Besides the products don’t harm my fluffy cat when she’s sniffing around the counters or floor 🙂 So, by the end of this year I want to:
- Continue replacing little by little all cleaning products I have left for Eco friendly ones. The brand I am most familiar with at the moment is ‘Lilly’s Eco Clean‘ products and they do the job well when I use them! This year I will keep on supporting this Irish brand because I like the fact that they care and are conscious about our planet.
So I guess this is all I have to say about my 2017 aspirations! I’m sure you already have come up with your own resolutions and I truly wish you all the best 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed reading this and if you ever have any question, I am open to respond you as soon as possible 😉
Loads of love xx